Thursday, January 13, 2011

I have a dream

I have a dream. I see billions dying of starvation. I see wars over food and energy resources. I see millions...no billions attempting to migrate to countries that don't want them and can't feed them. I see a global collapse of economies. I see the world's governments struggling to keep it together. This is a nightmare.

But that's a nightmare. It isn't real. It is not happening. Yet.

I hope it's not too late. I have no science to support this hope. There is no science that supports a Lucifer's Hammer scenario either. But the scientists have been too reticent, too conservative. Those, like Lovelock, who are telling it like they see it are not 'mainstream'.

Even though there are many who do not believe carbon capture is feasible, it is, in my opinion, our only hope... and it will only help. The heat already present in the oceans will take centuries to dissipate. Ice will continue to melt. Sea levels will continue to rise... but if we don't do something BIG, and do it SOON... the prognosis, from any realistic perspective, is horrific in our children's lifetime.

So hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
Remember, there is north and there is up. Higher altitudes will offer cooler temps.
I will do everything in my power to develop a safe haven for my family. I recommend you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment